With only 110 calories and seventeen grams of protein per cutlet, you should add this tasty recipe to your repertoire of easy weeknight meals. I prepare the cutlets in a variety of ways—and my son keeps telling me that I need to invent more.
This is a very simple recipe because the marinade can be prepared in the morning before you leave for work. The cutlets sit all day in the fridge, soaking up the delicious marinade.
We especially like the Lightlife Smart Cutlets because of their texture and grill marks.
We enjoyed this dish with spinach risotto that was left over from another dinner, and steamed green beans. Pair this dish with a well-chilled Soave or Pinot Grigio.
- 4 Lightlife Smart Cutlets Original (2 packages)
- 3 lemons, squeezed (about ¼ cup of juice)
- Lemon zest from 2 of the lemons
- 4–5 cloves garlic, left whole
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3–4 parsley sprigs
- 3–4 thyme sprigs
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1–2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Unwrap the cutlets and put them in a container that has a lid. Mix all of the other ingredients in a bowl and then pour the marinade over the cutlets. Poke holes in the cutlets with a fork so that the marinade will seep in. Cover, and let the cutlets marinate in the refrigerator for about 8 hours.
- Grill for about 2 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook them!