By Nancy Olah
Looking for a perfect side for your Memorial Day celebration?
Look no further!
My Festive Purple Cabbage Slaw is vegan, refreshing, healthy, simple to make . . . and delicious!
It takes less than 20 minutes to prep your vegetables and make the dressing.
Here are the veggies in the raw, before the veggies get tossed with the dressing . . .
Once the veggies and dressing are tossed together, cover the bowl of slaw and put it in the fridge to chill.
We served our Festive Purple Cabbage Slaw this past weekend, along with Mexican Street Corn and Beyond Burgers.
It was a fun way to introduce four close friends (all of whom are carnivores), to our favorite vegan plant-based burger. Beyond Meat, Inc. has received oodles of accolades for The Beyond Burger, and the company itself went public earlier this month in the best performing IPO in nearly two decades. In case you’re interested, Beyond Meat trades on NASDAQ, and its ticker symbol is BYND.
What a fun way of celebrating our first al fresco party of the season! Trust me . . . there wasn’t a person there who missed eating meat!
- ½ head organic purple cabbage, cored, sliced thin or shredded
- 3 organic yellow carrots, shredded
- 3 organic orange carrots, shredded
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons citrus olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha (I love Sriracha Squirrel)
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the purple cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, and scallions.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Toss with the vegetables in the large bowl to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
All Rights Reserved.